So hey, major lit news for me.
So my friends if you’ve been around for a while you know I had this little spec ficish (thank you Poplizbet did you tell me about this?) story told from the point of view of Oshun.
Basically for the last two years that little story was rejected about 8 times. I workshopped it only to be told that it would be “better” and less “esoteric” if I changed the Goddess to a “normal” one. Read white one.
BUT good news everyone,
I AM GOING TO HAVE THAT STORY IN THE APRIL ISSUE OF EXPANDED HORIZONS.
Quite a few years ago (she may not remember) my dear friend Haddayr suggested I read it I think maybe in an LJ thread? Haddayr do you recall?
Anyway, the editors Gods bless them got the exact point of the story immediatly.
I am super proud of this one y’all because Expanded Horizons has been on my big deal want to be in list for a long time.
Also this is my very first genre (outside of horror) story to get published so I’m extra proud.
This last couple of weeks has been fucked up but that is a ray of sunshine.
I will post links when everything goes down.
- theprophetlilith likes this
- popelizbet reblogged this from nudiemuse and added:
- quicksilverwracked said:Congrats! :)
- quicksilverwracked likes this
- haddayr said:FUCK YES
- ravennightshade likes this
- atheologist likes this
- scheherazadedreaming likes this
- abitmorestars likes this
- karnythia said:Congrats!
- orobolicious likes this
- didiprinklers likes this
- assinaj likes this
- lovegraceredemption likes this
- nineprotons likes this
- gothiccharmschool likes this
- utterlyfubar likes this
- xlivvielockex likes this
- themodernistwitch said:this is so so so awesome! proud of you!
- themusepaper said:Congrats miss lady!
- themodernistwitch likes this
- nudiemuse posted this